Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

More From Mom & Catching Up

While I was going thru photos yesterday,  I found some more things Mom has made for me-


This is a Halloween wallhanging that I have displayed on the back of the very couch where I took this picture.


This is an Amish style wallhanging for my bedroom.  The quilting was done with a variegated thread and the feather pattern on the border is easy to see.


This Halloween wallhanging came from my sister.  Evidently the 3 witches in the bottom right corner remind her of us three sisters (one of which is knitting).  And the 3 black crows on the tree branch represent my 3 daughters.

I also want to share with you a gorgeous Gay Ann Rogers piece that was stitched by a member of my local EGA chapter. She sold it to another EGA member who framed it.  Then that member sold it to me shortly before she passed away.


It's a thatched cottage sampler but I can't remember the name of the piece.

I love autumn-themed stitching but do not stitch Halloween.  It is my birthday and I prefer NOT to be reminded of it every time I pick up a project. :)
Then I got a bargain on ebay for $16 and a frame at Hobby Lobby for 50% off ($8) and couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out.


Don't know the name or designer of this piece.  Can someone help me out?
Thanks to wenhkc, this design is by Rovaris and is called R-12

I am still working away on Crabapple Hill's Garden Alphabet quilt.  These are the most recent letters I finished-




I also finished tracing all the rest of the alphabet.  And have started on the coloring.

4 comments:

wenhkc said...

Your Halloween piece is called R-12, by Rovaris. You can find her on Etsy.

Marilyn said...

Wow, a lot of great finishes. I especially like the Halloween piece with the witches.
Congrats on all of your finishes.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Loved seeing all the finishes your mom did for you in your last post, also on this post. Lovely work from you too. Love those Crabapple alphabets!

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for sharing. Love it that so many people have enjoyed the Gay Ann Rogers piece. And how nice that your mom was able to help you finish some pieces!