Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Update

 
Summer is moving along at a fast pace. And I am not getting as much stitching done as I would like. 
My ebay consignment business is keeping me busy.  My latest client just filled my car up twice with items to sell.  She is a quilter (that's how I met her) but she is a collector of many things.  And I'm expecting more stitching items from NY.
 
Here is another  reason why I'm not stitching as much as I'd like to-
 
 
This is today's haul from my garden.  The strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes  and zucchini are not included here.  I have canned 62 quarts of green beans, 14 pints of zucchini relish and pickles are next .
 
I do have one finish to report.  This is the biscornu that goes with the American Patchwork Shaker box top and scissor fob I showed in my last post.
 

Or maybe I should say "kinda" finished as I have to design my own bottom to the biscornu.  The photo below shows the extra canvas for me to use.  I have a couple of ideas.



Good News!
 I finally got the fabric this week to start Elizabeth the Pincushion doll!  OK, Annette, count me in on your SAL. Here is a photo of all the items I have been able to put together for her.




 Are you thinking that I have enough stitching on my plate right now?  You would be absolutely right!  But whenever did that stop me????  I got the pincushion doll bit between my teeth and this is what happened.
 
When I ordered the doll body for Elizabeth, I reminded myself that I had another pincushion doll pattern by Guilia Punti Antichi.  Here it is below!

 

I ordered the little Dutch girl body to go with this pattern and the windmill box with smalls pattern that I already had in my stash.  Yes, I have the fabric, hornbook and box too!  Doll #2
 
Oh my, what about the GPA doll pattern that I had in my stash from the Gift of Stitching magazine?   Yes, it needed a doll body and a chatelaine (even though she has a thimble holder).  Doll #3

 
Did you know that Elaine at Brier Rose also sells Guilia's pincushion doll patterns?  So I got this pattern and doll body along with my order too!   Doll #4
 

And last but certainly not least,  Guila has a new pattern out for another gorgeous pincushion doll so here is the doll body and chatelaine for her.  No, I don't have the pattern yet, but I MIGHT find something else to work on while I wait!!! :)  Doll #5



What else have I been doing?   Babysitting grandchildren, working my real estate job, and I went to a local quilt show yesterday.  This is what I came home with.  A pincushion & ort bag that sits on the ironing board (or couch).   I have been planning to make myself one for ages, but why bother for $15? It is stuffed with walnut shells, my favorite.


I also got a few little kits at the stash enhancement stall.


I  spent a day working on beading and came up with some scissor fobs.  These are the only two I could find at picture time. 
Yes, I made myself a Snooty parrots scissor fob as I plan to start the sampler this year (not sure when though).  The other scissor fob is a gift to my secret pal in EGA.



 That's it for now.  I'll try to post more often.  It is only a few more posts and I will be at 400 posts on my blog!  Then it will be time for a giveaway!





12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow, love all the doll kits.
It would be hard to pick a favorite.
Love the Parrot fob!
Marilyn

cucki said...

Wow so many sweet treasure ;)
Love the dolls kits..
Sweet hugs x

Justine said...

What lovely new stash! Those doll kits are so detailed. Those scissor fobs are so pretty.

Barb said...

Hi Teresa, You are one very busy lady! I love the star you stitched and good luck with the doll. It looks way beyond my finishing expertise! Great garden goodies!

Linda said...

Fantastic update Teresa.

Linda

Margaret said...

Loved the update. All those lovely doll pieces to stitch up! Looking forward to seeing them! Nice new stash! Nice star finish too!

Thoeria said...

Oh my.....gorgeous dolls! Can't wait to see your stitching of them!
I've always wanted a vegetable garden....I'm just not very good at gardening! Whenever I see such delicious looking veggies from the garden it reminds me that I really should give it a try!

Annette-California said...

WOOHOO Your kit looks so amazing and you got all Florimell silks!!! WOW!
And where do I begin on commenting on all your additional kits and dolls - I LOVE LOVE everyone of them. And I didn't know Elaine sells the charts too for the dolls. Thank you for letting us know. AND YES of course you are in our SAL:))) Beautiful biscornu you stitched and can;t wait to see it finished and what else you are going to make to go with it!
Love that parrot! love Annette

Maggee said...

Wow! Lots to see today, and lots to come in the future! I really can't wait to see the Biscornu finished! You stay busy! For sure! Hugs!

Bekca said...

So lovely to see a post from you, you certainly have been busy by the sounds of it. Great new stash enhancement, I'll be sure to look out for your giveaway :)
Best wishes.

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely dolls, where do you buy them?

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness ~ those dolls are beautiful!! Seems like many of us are having a busy summer.